Golden Pond, KY – Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area offers the public eagle viewing opportunities. Winter is the time to team up with a naturalist to spot these magnificent birds.
On Saturday, January 17th, spend time visiting some of the best birding spots across Land Between The Lakes.
- January 17th, 8:30am-11:30am: Winter Birding Hotspots Van Tour
- January 17th, 1:30-5:00pm: Eagles of Northern Land Between The Lakes Van Tour
On these naturalist guided tours, visitors will search for eagles, pelicans, and some of the 25+ species of waterfowl that call Land Between The Lakes home in the winter. The cost is $25.00/person for a full day (both tours), $15.00/person for a half day (one tour).
Tours leave from Badgett Theater in Grand Rivers, KY. Registration is required for all tours and space is limited. Call 270.924.2020, weekdays from 8:00am-4:30pm, to make your reservation.
“Winter is the peak season for viewing bald eagles in Land Between The Lakes,” says Aviva Yasgur, Naturalist at Land Between The Lakes. “Both resident eagles and visiting ‘snowbirds’ are out looking for fish around the lakes.”
Land Between The Lakes continues to offer a variety of Eagle Viewing Van Tours and River Cruise Tours throughout January and February.
- January 10th, 1:00pm-4:30pm: Everything Eagles
- January 11th, 3:30-5:30pm: Sunset Eagle Viewing
- January 25th, 1:30-5:00pm: Family-Friendly Eagle
- January 31st, 9:00am-12:30pm: Early Bird Eagle
- February 1st, 1:30-5:00pm: Everything Eagles
- February 7th, 1:30-5:00pm: Everything Eagles
- February 8th, 4:00pm-6:00pm: Sunset Eagle Viewing
- January 17th, 8:30-11:30am: Brunch with the Eagles
- January 17th, 1:00pm-4:00pm: Lunch with the Eagles
- January 18th, 11:00am-2:00pm: Lunch with the Eagles
- January 19th, 11:00am-2:00pm: Lunch with the Eagles
Registration is required for all tours. Call 270.924.2020 for more information and to make reservations. For complete descriptions, visit www.landbetweenthelakes.us.
The following link will take you to the photos included in this news release, along with captions and additional photos for downloading: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lblkytn/sets
About Land Between the Lakes
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area manages more than 170,000 acres in western Kentucky and Tennessee as part of the U.S. Forest Service and the Department of Agriculture’s public lands program. Land Between The Lakes offers outdoor recreation, lake access, land management, and environmental education to over 1.4 million visitors annually. The Friends of Land Between The Lakes works in partnership with the Forest Service providing program services, funds development, and volunteer support.
To find more information about Land Between The Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call toll-free at 1.800.LBL.7077 or local at 270.924.2000. For more information on the Friends of Land Between The Lakes, log on to www.friendsoflbl.org.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.