Clarksville, TN – The LEAP Organization invites residents of Clarksville, TN to embark on the 7th Annual Summer Educational Excursion to Chicago from July 5th, 2017 to July 9th, 2017.
There will be an informational meeting Saturday, August 20th, 2016 at 1:00pm at the LEAP Plaza located at 1860 Wilma Rudolph Boulevard.
The purpose is to provide youth with an educational trip in Chicago to exposes them to a myriad of new and exciting experiences.This trip is open to the community.
LEAP is taking 21 youth ages 13 to 18 with 7 chaperones and 20 guests. You must be over the age of 18 to be considered a guest.
Registration Deadline is October 1st. First come first serve.
The trip itinerary is as follows:
- Wednesday – Depart Clarksville
- Thursday — Chicago History Museum, 360 Chicago, Tall ship WINDY ride (Navy Pier), Willis Tower (sky deck)
- Friday – Dusable Museum of African American History, University of Chicago Law, Navy Centennial Wheel and Rides
- Saturday – Field Museum (Exhibit Ancient Africa/Egypt), Alder Planetarium, Sheed Aquarium, Chicago Architecture Foundation tour, 900 Shops Mall, Beach
- Sunday – United Center and Return to Clarksville
The total cost per teen is $350.00 and includes transportation, lodging, and admission at various attractions. There is a $100.00 nonrefundable deposit due to reserve your spot. The total cost must be paid in full by March 31st, 2017. Fundraising opportunities will be made available. Guest prices vary by the number of guests in each room.
Check out highlights from the 2016 Educational Excursion to Miami & the Bahamas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfvd0UqSFaA
To register online visit www.leaporg.net/chicago