Photograph By: Bill Larson
This is Del Del Jekins. I took time to speak with him as I made my way down Madison Avenue the other day. Mr. Jenkins works in the construction industry, pouring concrete. With the slowing economy, he came to Clarksville looking for work in our local construction industry, but as he told me, “So far things are not looking too good.” Clarksville has yet to feel the pinch of the national recession as intensely as other areas of our country, but have no doubt that it eventually will. Historically, Clarksville is generally slow entering a recession and even slower getting out of one. This fact does not bode well for the potential success of the redevelopment plans that Clarksville’s city government is dead set on undertaking.
Images of the week
To submit a photograph for our consideration as a possible image of the week:
- The image must have been taken by yourself
- It must be no more than two weeks old
- It must have been taken in or of the local area
- If the image contains other people you must have received their permisson to submit it for publication; unless the image was taken in at a public event, or in any other area where there is no legal expectation of privacy.
- It must have a width of 1280 pixels
You must also supply:
- Your real name
- A contact phone number
- A title and a caption describing the image
Please do not submit more than one image each week for our consideration. When no other images are submitted Clarksville Online staff will provide a suitable image for that week.
- We reserve the right to reject any image submission for any reason, or for no reason at all.
- We have the right to edit the supplied title, caption, and image.
- We reserve the right to publish, license, and sublicense to other parties any images which are submitted for our consideration, even if they are never published on Clarksville Online, or are not selected for use as an image of the week.
- The requirements for image submission, and this disclaimer may be modified at any time without further notification being required.
By submitting an image to Clarksville Online, you indicate your acceptance of the above terms.