Clarksville, TN – The Clarksville Police Department in cooperation with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation Office of Sustainable Practices has established three permanent locations for Pill Drop Boxes as part of the Pharmaceutical Take Back Program.
The program is designed to establish permanent collection points to receive unwanted, unused or expired medications. The drop hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.These are for citizens to dispose of personal items and are not intended for businesses i.e. hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, etc. who are required to dispose of their medications in a manner consistent with DEA guidelines.
The pill drop boxes have been in place since December of 2013 and have been a great success.
The three locations for the Clarksville Police Departments pill drop boxes are as follows:
- Lobby of District 1 Criminal Investigations 1885A Fort Campbell Boulevard ( next to Baskin Robins)
- Lobby of District 3 Criminal Investigations 1584 Vista Lane.
- Lobby of Headquarters 135 Commerce Street.
The Following items will be accepted:
- Prescription Medications
- All over the counter medications
- Pet medications
- Medicated Ointments, lotions or drops
- Liquid medications in leak proof containers
- Pills in plastic containers, baggies, or foil
- Illegal Drugs or Narcotics
- Needles / Sharps or Syringes with Needles
- Blood sugar equipment
- IV Bags
- Bloody or Infectious Waste
- Personal Care Products i.e. Shampoo, Lotions etc.