APSU Sports Information
Clarksville, TN – Junior Xiamar Richards, of Austin Peay State University women’s cross country team, has been named the Copies in a Flash APSU Athlete of the Week.
Richards earned her first career Ohio Valley Conference Female Runner of the Week honor after winning the JSU Foothills 5K race, Friday. Her 18:39.17 run was a season-best.
The Copies in a Flash APSU Athlete of the Week is selected by the APSU Sports Information staff each Tuesday during the academic year. Copies in a Flash, of Clarksville, sponsors the award.
Other notable performances by Austin Peay athletes included
- Senior Devin Stark, of the football team, snared a career-high 10 catches for 125 yards in the Govs 52-14 loss to Murray State. Stark is the first Governor with 10 or more catches in a game since Lanis Frederick had 11 against Western Kentucky (November 18th, 2006).
- Junior Tatiana Ariza, of the soccer team, scored twice in the Lady Govs 3-0 Sunday victory against Belmont, marking her seventh career multi-goal match. Her 16 points this season is the fifth-highest single-season mark in school history.
- Senior Nikki Doyle, of the volleyball team, tallied a career-high tying 23 kills in the Lady Govs four-set loss to Southeast Missouri, which tied for 10th-best single-game output in school history. She averaged 5.0 kills per set in two matches last week.
- Junior Haylee Shoaff, of the soccer team, earned her second consecutive shutout with an eight-save effort against Belmont, Sunday. The eight saves were the most by a Lady Gov in OVC play since 2009.
- Freshman Reco Williams, of the football team, broke the 100-yard barrier for the first time in his Austin Peay career thanks to a 21-carry, 110-yard effort against Murray State. He also scored his first career touchdown as a Governor. He’s the first Govs freshman to go over 100 yards in a game since Ryan White’s 124-yard performance against Eastern Illinois (November 15th, 2008).