Clarksville-Montgomery County has the Cheapest Gas Prices in Tennessee
Nashville, TN – AAA reports thatTennessee Gas prices rose 6 cents last week. Sunday’s state average of $2.69 per gallon is 9 cents more than a month ago, and 29 cents more than this time last year.
“Motorists are paying higher-than-normal prices at the pump for this time of year,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“Global supply and demand concerns continue to weigh on oil prices, which are dragging gas prices higher as a result. OPEC output remains low and U.S. sanctions are expected to limit exports of Iranian crude. All of this is happening while global demand keeps growing. These fundamentals could keep upward pressure on prices at the pump during a time of year when motorists normally begin to pay less,” stated Jenkins.
Click here to view AAA’s state and metro gas price averages
- The most expensive gas price averages in Tennessee are in Nashville ($2.72), Kingsport-Bristol ($2.71), and Jackson ($2.71)
- The least expensive gas price averages in Tennessee are in Clarksville-Hopkinsville ($2.64), Knoxville ($2.64), and Chattanooga ($2.64)
Crude oil prices reach multi-year highs
- Crude oil prices reached their highest point in nearly four years. Prices settled at $76.41 per barrel on Wednesday, the highest since November 21stFlorif, 2014. Crude prices trended lower through the second half of last week, settling at $74.34/b.
- Domestically, crude oil supply is at the highest point in a month, according to the latest report from the Energy Information Administration. U.S. oil production-rates remain at a record-setting 11.1 million barrels per day, for the second consecutive week.
- Domestic gasoline supplies are healthy and production levels remain at an average point for this time of year. While weekly measured gasoline demand metrics are below summer levels – as is customary in the fall – the latest jobs report showing the lowest unemployment numbers in nearly 50 years suggests continued strength in gasoline demand, as Americans commute to work in large numbers.
Gas Price Tools
- GasPrices.AAA.com – Daily national, state, and metro gas price averages
- AAA Mobile app – Free app that compares gas prices near you
- Gas Cost Calculator – Determine how much gasoline will cost on your next road trip
Fuel Savings Tips
Drive Sensibly – Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gas.
- Gas mileage can be reduced 15-30% at highway speeds / 10-40% in stop-and-go traffic
- The equivalent of 27¢ – $1.08 per gallon
Observe the speed limit
- Not only is it safer – but it can help you save money
- Gas mileage rapidly declines at speeds above 50 mph
- Every 5 mph you drive over 50 mph is like paying an additional 19 cents per gallon for gasoline
Lose the weight
- Using your trunk for storage can cost you by way of lower fuel economy
- Remove unnecessary items from your vehicle.
- An extra 100 pounds in your vehicle reduces your miles per gallon by about 1%
- Like paying an additional 3 cents per gallon for every 100 pounds
Use cruise control
- Cruise control on the highway helps you maintain a constant speed
- Conversely, constant throttling at high speeds consumes gasoline much faster
Avoid excess idling
- Idling uses a quarter to a half gallon of fuel per hour
- Turn off your engine when your vehicle is parked
- It only takes 10 seconds worth of fuel to restart your vehicle
- Saves time and money
- Fuel economy is better when your engine is warmed up and you make multiple stops
- Keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure can improve your gas mileage up to 3%
- It can mean the difference of a couple cents per gallon
- Find the recommended tire pressure on a sticker located on the driver’s side door jamb
Current and Past Price Averages
Regular Unleaded Gasoline
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Highest Price on Record|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.6 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana.
ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 59 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android.